- The first "distributed" functioin is delivered!
Transferring data from remote node of distributed system may require smart update option: existing object should be updated, new ones - created. But all objects are unchanged as they were read from remote data source. ODX now delivered such sort of update. Simply accumulate data from the remote DB in a separate Session (connect it to remote data source or get objects via remoting and merge them into it), connect this session to the local data source and call Session.Save(SaveMode.Complete) to send all data to data source.
- Fixed a "collection was modified" exception (was thrown in some cases).
ODX 1.4 - 1.0
- Custom SQL selects - feel free to retrieve objects with custom SQL. Paging is connected to custom SQLs as well. See Sample #12 for details.
- Weak entity cache - entities are removed from cache if unreferenced. (Data values are kept in session any way)
- Bug fixes
- Smart merging - use Session.Combine() to safely resolve Unique constraint conflicts.
- Parameterized Selects - use '?' to specify a parameter for a filter
- Remoting - transfer entities via remoting channels with Odx(Server,Client)FormatterSinkProvider.
- Paging - iterate huge rowsets with minimum memory.
- Bug fixes