New features for v1.2

Sep 30, 2007 at 5:35 PM
Hello,

could you please give more details about v1.2 changes. For example, does Session.Select() method support named parameters (i.e. @Parameter) in ParamArray? That would be great.

Moreover, what should SelectNoClientMix do?

How should the "Count" parameter used in Select()? Does it mark the maximum number of records to select or page size?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Oct 20, 2007 at 12:38 AM

TBPrince wrote:
Hello,

could you please give more details about v1.2 changes. For example, does Session.Select() method support named parameters (i.e. @Parameter) in ParamArray? That would be great.

Moreover, what should SelectNoClientMix do?

How should the "Count" parameter used in Select()? Does it mark the maximum number of records to select or page size?

Thanks.

Hello,
sorry for long silence - was on vacation.

1. Parameters. Session.Select does support parameters, not named but ordered. It uses Consts.ParameterMarker as parameter placeholder. However it is still a temporary solution. I plan to develop something more useful or even create LINQ to ODX extension.

2. Session.SelectNoClientMix(...). Default Session.Select, gets the result from data source, mixes it with client records and returns entities. So you alwais get newly created (unsaved) records in all selects. When I started to implement Paging I realized that some databases handle NULLs as minimum value, others - as maximum. It cause some difficulties in mixing as I use DataSet to mix rowsets and select data and there is no way to specify NULLs handling details.

3. Count. This is something like SELECT TOP n * FROM ...